Last Updated on by Mr.Das
SawStop, as many of you are probably aware, is one of the leading brands when it comes to residential power tools. Aside from having a good array of product variety, their chainsaws are on top of the favorite list.
Aside from being a reliable brand, SawStop is also known for its quality craftsmanship. In short, they sell chainsaws that offer good reliability and flexibility.
For these reasons, we are here with the SawStop Contractor Saw Review. We’ve chosen two of the best options you can get your hands on in 2021.
So, before we jump into the full review, you should have a quick look at the offerings we have for you.
SawStop Contractor Saw Review
1. SawStop CNS175-TGP36
Let’s start with the SawStop CNS175-TGP36, which is one of the prominent offerings of SawStop. Apart from being packed with features, you are getting proper longevity and reliability as an added bonus.
Let’s start to breakdown all the features.
Although it’s not anything over the top, there’s a lot of attention to detail. You’ve got a solid 1.75HP contractor saw that’s a solid option for construction and diy users alike. You have all the right features at all the right places. In short, there’s really nothing wrong here with the design.
As for the performance, well, it’s very robust from all angles. You have the always-on functionality that ensures proper protection. Also, the 36-inch T-glide fence system plays its role in a proper manner, allowing seamless and reliable operation overall.
The functionality of use is also very commendable as well. You can get around a hundred configurations, which is largely thanks to the superior design choices. Also, there are proper dust collection ports. Furthermore, the compatibility with various blades also stands out as a noteworthy feature.
So, the question stands as follows-should you buy this contractor saw?
Well, we don’t have any reason to deny its viability as a potential choice. It’s got all the right features along with a proper price tag. So, you should certainly have a look at it before ruling it out.
What We Liked
- The workmanship is appreciable.
- You have all the right safety features.
- The ability to be mobile with this saw is commendable.
- The overall user-experience is on par with some of the high-end options.
What we didn’t like
- The saw-dust management system needs work.
- You are getting a 20×27-inch cast iron table with a 12×27-inch extension wing.
- The blade measures 10-inch in diameter with a 5/8-inch arbor.
- You are getting a 4-inch dust collector port alongside a splitter that’s 2-mm in thickness.
- It features good compatibility with 8-inch dado apparatus sets.
- You can use around a hundred configurations easily.
- The left-tilt on the blades offers good flexibility.
- The 36-inch T-glide fencing gives you the capability of proper measurement and easy lockdown freedom.
2. SawStop CNS175-SFA30 Review
We now have another potential option from SawStop. The CNS175-SFA30 is another variant of the same product category.
You do get features similar to its bigger brother that we reviewed a while back. The craftsmanship is pretty much the same, you have all the right knobs and levers at their desired locations. Also, the design complements the overall usability, which is very seamless without a doubt.
With the SawStop Contractor saw, you have a major advantage. And it’s the security system which can identify the presence of human flesh. If somehow your finger comes in contact with the blade, by identifying the inductance and capacitance, the saw immediately stops to avoid any damage.
You also have the dust collection feature as well, which is very essential for your health as well as other professionals. And if you plan on adding some cast iron wings, you get the option to increase the capacity of your saw, which increases the overall usability of this saw.
So, should you be the one buying it?
If you consider all the features and how they stack up, you’ll see that they mingle together very nicely. And that’s something very few vendors can offer you.
So, we would urge you to consider your choices and make your decision accordingly. If you choose to go with it, you will not regret it.
What We Liked
- The always-on protection system is very agile.
- The build quality is solid overall.
- The safety feature is very intuitive.
- You don’t need your hands for shut-off.
What we didn’t like
- The assembly process isn’t that easy.
- The 30-inch aluminum extrusion fence and rail kit offer decent usability.
- The electronic detection system responds to human contact and shuts down immediately.
- It features proper compatibility with 10-inch blades and 8-inch dado sets.
- The slight tilt to the left restricts the blade from binding.
- You get a 10-inch blade that features a 5/8-inch arbor.
- The 12×27-inch extension wing offers great flexibility as a whole.
Buying a SawStop Contractor Saw: Things to look out for
If you’re in the market for a SawStop Contractor saw, then before making the purchase, make sure to take the following things into account:
The Attention to Detail
Make sure you check every small detail. By this, we’re referring the knob and button placement of course. You should also look for blade flexibility-whether or not it’s easily replaceable. Things like this matter a lot, especially if you’re someone who is used to working with a specific layout.
You must always check the safety functionality. Without it, you are putting your own life at risk.
We would urge you to talk to the respective brand (SawStop in this case), to give you all the necessary information related to the safety features. A second opinion from a fellow professional will also help your case a lot.
Always try and find a contractor saw that’s got accessories. It will help you get your money’s worth.
But, if you compromise the integrity of your product for a mere number of accessories, then you’ll be at loss. You should always go with the best possible option, even if it doesn’t have any accessories whatsoever.
Space and Weight
You need to take into account the space you’re going to work with. It’s crucial that you determine this beforehand. Otherwise, you may have to do some unwanted remodeling, which is never a good thing.
The weight is also an important consideration. If you plan on being mobile, you should check if the contractor saw is portable enough to go with you.
We would like to offer our heartiest regards to you for getting this far. We know very well how hard it is to find the saw that offers proper usability and control.
And with so many options on the table, there’s a good chance you won’t land the correct option.
But if you’ve gone through the SawStop Contractor Saw Review, then there’s certainly a higher possibility of success. We’ve also put together a list of tips that are going to help you along the way.
We’ll leave the final choice to you. Goodbye for now.