Last Updated on by Mr.Das
“I want to get my hands on a chainsaw as soon as possible. What do you think about the Ryobi brand? Are there chainsaws any good?”
Before we get to the answer to the question, let’s get to know the brand a little.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. Ltd. started its journey back in the 1940s (1943 to be exact). Back in the day, die-cast products were their key business concern.
But now, in 2020, we are seeing Ryobi as one of the key brands in the power tools sector. Of course, there are other capable choices out there. But the capabilities that Ryobi has shown over the years in its design and execution is very solid overall.
It is one of the reasons for today’s Ryobi Chainsaw Review.
You’ve already got our first impressions on the popularity of the brand. Now comes the question of whether or not the chainsaws are any good.
Well, considering the response from the general audience, we do believe there is potential.
But the problem we face is in the decision-making. When there are a lot of great options from a single brand, it is hard to make a decision.
So, to make things easier for you, we took it upon ourselves to find out the right options. Here are our top choices.
Now that you’ve had a quick look at the best Ryobi chainsaws from our end, let’s see if the features are worth it.
But before that, we need to clear up one thing. That is the matter of what to do if you have another option in mind.
In that case, we would urge you to read the buying guide at the end of the reviews. It may come in handy.
Enough talk; let’s get started with the review.
Best Ryobi Chainsaw Review
1. Ryobi Ry40511 Brushless Chainsaw
The Ryobi RY40511 Brush less Chainsaw holds the top spot in our Ryobi Chainsaw Review list for a couple of reasons.
First of all, both the internal and external designs are well thought out. You have good power output along with the capabilities to control it. Also, the gas-chainsaw-like output allows it to excel at medium workloads.
Another simple yet important feature is the addition of a quick charger. Although it’s not the most interesting feature in the world, it is a useful one. And when you add the proper chain adjust ability with attention to detail, you’ll see that the chainsaw is worth the investment.
Overall, it’s a complete package that comes with all the right features. And the pricing is decent enough. So, you should certainly check it out if you’re interested in a chainsaw that’s packed with features at a great price.
- It’s a 40-Volt chainsaw with a chainsaw bar length of 14-inch.
- The brush less motor design offers gas-chainsaw-like performance.
- You get a 1-hour quick charger included in the package.
- There is a variable speed trigger for proper controlling capabilities.
- The side-access chain adjustments offer decent functionality.
- The cordless functionality is a huge plus point.
- The on-board tools storage system is a handy option for quick adjust ability.
What We Liked
- It’s a highly suitable option for medium tasks.
- The variable speed trigger is a nice addition.
- The functionality of the chainsaw system is on point.
- The performance is on par with other high-end options.
What we didn’t like
- The battery life is below average.
2. Ryobi P547 Cordless Chainsaw
The Ryobi P547 ONE+ Cordless Chainsaw Kit has become a fan-favorite over the years. This is one of the reasons for the P547 to be in our chainsaw review for the Ryobi brand.
The battery output and the parts compatibility are two of the main features that make this chainsaw stand out. A combination of these two features is pretty rare, which is why it is one of the best lambing chainsaws out there.
Other features are almost similar to our previous offering. And once you combine them all, you get a chainsaw that will take care of all your menial pruning tasks. Do check it out if you’re interested.
- A cordless chainsaw kit that comes with a 10-inch bar.
- It features compatibility with all available Ryobi ONE+ parts.
- There is a push-button oiling mechanism.
- The 18-volt lithium+ battery allows 2x more performance.
- The side-access chainsaw tensioning feature is very decent.
- The charger and battery come included in the box.
What We Liked
- A decent option for pruning and limbing jobs.
- You will get extra performance out of it than ks to the solid battery life.
- There’s no extra maintenance effort involved.
- You will find the necessary parts readily available.
What we didn’t like
- It doesn’t have the right amount of kick for heavy tasks.
3. Ryobi Gas Chainsaw Review
Our last offering is the Ryobi RY3714, which is a gas-powered chainsaw. If you’re looking for the right amount of kick, then the RY3714 has your back.
All the features are right on par with the popular chainsaw options out there. You have a 37cc engine with a 14-inch bar. Both these features combine to offer the best possible experience.
As for the other features, they are capable enough of what they do. If you think of it as a whole, then you’ll find the Ryobi RY3714 the right tool for heavy woodworking.
All in all, if you’re a hardcore professional looking for a solid secondary, or someone in the market looking for a solid chainsaw, then the RY3714 is there to take care of you.
- It’s a gas-powered chainsaw with a 14-inch bar.
- You’re getting a 37cc 2-cycle gas chainsaw.
- The ergonomics on the handle are very satisfactory.
- The anti-vibration functionality is a plus.
- It comes with an automatic oiler system with the promise of an extended lifespan.
- The tool-less air filter design along with the side access chain tensioning is a blessing.
- The safety tip is capable of reducing the kickback.
- The inertia-activated chain is capable of stopping accidents.
What We Liked
- The handle feels good in the hand.
- A suitable choice for medium-heavy workloads.
- The overall system is fairly easy to use.
- There’s no noticeable kickback.
- You can expect a healthy life span.
What we didn’t like
- The instructions are a bit hazy.
How to Buy a Ryobi Chainsaw: Things to Take into Account
If you are going with one of our choices, then we think we’ve succeeded in helping you.
But that may not be the case at all. There are those of you who want to go with choices you’re particularly curious about. You want to try out something new from the Ryobi brand.
Still, there’s always the risk of going with something that doesn’t suit you. So, you may want to check out the following to get the best possible deal.
For the hardcore professionals out there, proper ergonomics is a must. You can’t just go about using a chainsaw that doesn’t agree with your stance. So, the first thing you may want to do is check the handle to see if it matches your maneuvering style. You may want to head to a nearby shop to check the handle and see if it suits you.
Other than the handle, you may want to look at the button placement and other relevant features. These inspections will help you out big time.
Ease of Use
The ease of use mostly depends on the ergonomics and the supporting feature set. There may be features in place that will help you with your maneuverability while cutting and pruning. They may also be instrumental with lower kick-backs.
You may want to keep the small details in check.
If you’re not using a gas chainsaw, then the battery life is a concern. And with the battery life comes the charging. Both features complement each other.
Lithium batteries don’t usually die out easily. And Ryobi is using Lithium batteries for its battery-powered chainsaws. You may want to do some further digging on the matter.
If you’re getting something with a 5-Ah (Ampere-hour) capacity, then you should get decent battery life.
With modern chainsaws, you will get some form of safety features. And Ryobi is no different.
Just make sure to see if it’s worth the investment. If it adds extra value, then that’s certainly a plus. If not, then you may want to check out other options.
The Ryobi Chainsaw review had a lot of good points in it (yes, we are bragging about ourselves!). Still, if you can’t take it all in, then it’s not worth it.
And that is a failure on our end.
So, it is our job to show you the right path. All you have to do is take the key points inside your head. And that’s pretty much all there is to it.
Finally, we would like to end this review by saying one thing:
You can’t go wrong with Ryobi. Their chainsaws will offer good usability and functionality.
So, there’s no point in being hesitant. Cheers!