If you wanted to know about a brand that cares about its customers, then Milwaukee would probably be one of our top 5 choices.
Don’t be so alarmed if you haven’t heard about the brand. If you’re reading this Milwaukee chainsaw review, then chances of you getting a lot of information are guaranteed.
Milwaukee started its journey in the 1920s (1924 to be exact). Back in the day, it was hard to get enough traction in the consumer market space. But thanks to their innovative and reliable technology, they quickly managed to attract a certain group of customers.
And that’s how it all started.
Today we will be sharing three of the best chainsaw offerings from Milwaukee. As mentioned earlier, reliability is something the folks at Milwaukee value very much.
So, you may want to check them yourselves if you want something that’ll last you a good couple of years.
Now that you’ve had a quick look, we would now like to dive deeper into the product stack and help you differentiate among them.
Be advised, the chainsaws we have for you today are from their popular M18 series. Also, we will be sharing our thoughts on what standout features you should look for in a Milwaukee chainsaw.
Milwaukee Chainsaw Review Comparison Table
|Milwaukee 16″ Fuel Chainsaw||Item Dimension: 10 x 36 x 11″
Power Source: Battery Powered
Item Weight: 21 Pounds
|M18 FUEL 16″ Chainsaw Kit||Brand: Milwaukee
Power Source: Gas Powered
Item Weight: 13.9 Pounds
|Milwaukee M18 16 “18-Volt||Brand: Milwaukee
Package Dimension: 35 x 11.1 x 9.8″
Item Weight: 14.37 pounds
3 Best Milwaukee Chainsaw Review In This Year
Our first option is from the M18 Milwaukee chainsaw series. As you look at the features, you’ll find that they are not just balanced, but they add a different sense of value to the entire package. The motor performance is by far the best. The battery pack allows proper support and enables the user to stay seamless and tension-free. There is the multi-speed functionality as well, which increases the overall by a good amount.
Another noteworthy feature is the intelligent sensory capabilities. One of the main advantages with the motor is its capability to understand the heaviness of the load and allow the output accordingly. This enhances the overall lifetime by a significant amount.
Overall, we believe it will stand up to its promise of being a solid companion in your woodworking journey. You may want to check it out for yourself.
- The RED LITHIUM HIGH OUTPUT HD12.0 battery pack offers solid performance with more than 3 hours of battery life.
- This 16-inch chainsaw comes with an M18 battery system that’s tuned for high performance.
- The chain pitch is 3/8-inches and is muted.
- This 33-inch saw offers gas-chainsaw-like performance thanks to the POWER STATE Brush less Motor.
- Thanks to the RED LINK PLUS Intelligent Sensing Capabilities, the chainsaw will not falter under heavy workloads.
- There is a screw-wrench storage system on the saw.
- The multi-speed option is a huge plus.
- The two studs are solid enough for chain and bar retention.
What we liked
- The inclusion of a battery pack is a huge plus.
- The handle comes with a decent design.
- It’s very easy to use compared to some of the other options out there.
- A solid choice for heavy workloads.
What we didn’t like
- It does need a fair bit of maintenance.
This M18 variant of the chainsaw is like a twin brother to the chainsaw we reviewed a while back in this Milwaukee chainsaw review. You’ll find the specs to be similar to a certain point. Even the suability is on par with the previous option we recommended. It’s a 16-inch bar saw that’s got the necessary system capabilities to handle excessive loads.
And there are other relevant features like an automatic oiling system and solid overall charging capabilities. Once you factor in all the relevant features, you’ll find this chainsaw to be a strong option for your tool arsenal. You should check it out before it’s too late.
- You are getting a cordless chainsaw with a 16-inch bar.
- The chain gauge is 0.043-inch with a pitch of 3/8-inches.
- The brush less motor is tuned for offering a decent output with an rpm rating of 6600.
- You will be getting the cutting performance similar to a 40cc gas chainsaw.
- You’ll feel the difference with the Lithium battery pack that runs 45 to 50% cooler than your conventional options.
- The integrated system can detect overload while ensuring top-of-the-line motor output.
- There is on-board storage for a screw-wrench.
- The automatic oilier keeps the chain nice and lubricated at all times.
What we liked
- It feels comfortable in the hand.
- The weight balance is fair and offers good maneuvering capabilities.
- It’s a solid choice to medium and medium-heavy woodworking.
- The battery pack offers good backup overall.
What we didn’t like
- It doesn’t come with a battery pack which is a bummer.
The Milwaukee 2727-20 is another variant of the M18 series, which is one of the popular product lineups from Milwaukee. If you go through the features section, then you’ll find that this chainsaw offers similar levels of performance to the previous options.
The battery life along with the maneuverability makes it a chainsaw that’s worth the investment. You have all the right features to carry out a day-long lambing or pruning session. We are not asking you to make a decision right now.
All we want you to do is check it out further to see if the features work for you.
- It features a 16-inch Oregon bar with a 0.043-inch chain gauge.
- The 3/8-inch chain pitch is fairly low-profile.
- It’s a cordless chainsaw with a 40cc gas-engine-like power output capacity.
- This cordless chainsaw comes with the state of the art POWERSTATE Brushless Motor that’s tuned for proper cutting and lambing.
- You get the REDLITHIUM HIGH OUTPUT HD12.0 battery pack, capable of offering 100+ cuts before settling down.
- The REDLINK PLUS Intelligence system is capable of understanding the loading capabilities to ensure optimal performance levels.
- The battery pack remains relatively cool, almost 40 to 50% cooler than your average battery pack.
- You get the variable speed trigger and on-board wrench screw-wrench storage.
- Also, there is an automatic oiler to keep your chains properly lubricated.
What we liked
- The design overall is comfortable in terms of maneuverability.
- You get all the bells and whistles.
- The 150-cut rating is both proper and acceptable.
- The variable speed controlling capability is a nice bonus.
What we didn’t like
- An included battery pack would have been nice.
Buying Guide The Milwaukee Chainsaw Review
Our Milwaukee chainsaw review offers three options for our readers.
Still, the product stack of the Milwaukee brand is vast enough to keep you in frenzy. And that’s what we want to change.
So, even if you don’t want to go with one of our options, we would urge you to consider the following features. If they are not up to the mark, then you may want to avoid them.
Reliable Build Quality
Milwaukee is, no doubt, one of the most reliable brands you’ll find out there. Still, there are some products (chainsaws in this case) that don’t live up to the mark.
And that’s what you should avoid. Try and be as nitpicky as possible. If the outer shell or any other part doesn’t feel right, then you should avoid it at all costs.
Quick help from your fellow professionals can make a lot of difference here.
Decent Battery Life
Milwaukee chainsaws typically have decent ratings on their battery life. In general, they can hold out for a good couple of hours thanks to the motor design and solid battery packs.
As always, some options are better than others. We may want to keep your eyes open.
Also, keep an eye on the charger performance as well. In general, charging shouldn’t take more than an hour.
There’s no debate about the overall performance of the Milwaukee chainsaws. The tuning on their products is very well done overall.
But the maneuverability and functionality are worth noticing. This will vary from user to user. So, checking out a product first hand will make a lot of difference.
Complete Kit Value
We would recommend that you go with a complete kit. That way, you’ll be getting better value for the money.
But if you opt for a single option, then we would suggest you use the parts recommended by the vendor. They tend to offer better performance and lifetime.
If you’re reading this at this stage of the Milwaukee chainsaw review, then you’ve made it all the way. Thanks for sticking with us this long.
There is one last thing we would like to share with you. And that’s about brand value.
A brand that’s well established will certainly come to your aid when you need to claim your warranty. And that’s something many people take for granted.
With that said, it’s time for us to say goodbye. We hope you find a chainsaw that suits you.