Last Updated on by Mr.Das
“I know Makita is a great brand. But I’m not sure which Makita chainsaw will suit me the most. Any ideas?”
We didn’t have any direct answer to this question back then.
But we do now.
Before we jump into today’s Makita Chainsaw Review, we think it’s the perfect opportunity to shed some light on the brand itself (for those of you who don’t know of course).
Makita started as an electric motor repair and distribution company. In the early days, you’d only have the opportunity to repair get a new electric motor.
But now, in 2020, thanks to some long-term design and planning, the folks at Makita have made themselves well-known in the power tools industry. And there’s no downward decline in its brand reliability so far.
Let’s come back to the question from the anonymous user.
We do believe that choosing today’s power tools market is problematic because of so many choices, even for a single brand. So, to spare you the dilemma, we’ve come up with three of the best Makita chainsaw options you can find right now.
Now that you’ve had a quick look at the offerings, it’s time to dive in and do a proper inspection of the features to see if they are worth it.
Now there may be some disputes on the usability between us and the readers.
That’s fine. We do have a buying guide at the end of the end that will help you go with an option that you want to choose.
So, let’s get started.
Best Makita Chainsaw Review
1. Makita XCU03PT1 Chainsaw
The Makita XCU03PT1 takes the very first spot on our Makita Chainsaw review list.
Now you may be thinking this:
What’s so special about the Makita XCU03PT1?
First of all, it’s one of those options that come with all the right features for the middle-of-the-pack professionals. The design and other features stack together to offer the best possible experience when it comes to small and medium workloads.
It’s a cordless chainsaw that comes with a respectable FPM rating. You can easily do pruning, churning and lambing jobs without any issues. You have the correct features to monitor and use this chainsaw with the least amount of maintenance.
And that’s all there is to it. If you’re someone who is looking for the right balance between features and price, then the Makita XCU03PT1 can be a decent choice for you.
- It’s an 18-volt design that can house 2-times the battery, giving you a 36-volt capacity.
- It’s a 14-inch chainsaw with an Outer Rotor Brush less Motor design.
- There is the option to choose between three different speed presets.
- It features a max. speed of 940-FPM.
- You get four 5.0Ah batteries which take only 45-minutes to fully charge up.
- The dual-port charger along with the auto-shutdown functionality offers solid usability.
- You have tool-free chain adjust ability along with a lock-off lever for extra control and security.
- The fill-port has a window for checking the oil-levels.
- The integrated LED indicator with the on/off switch is a nice touch.
What We Liked
- A solid choice for small and medium workloads.
- The battery life is fairly decent.
- You get the right amount of usability and control.
- The motor design is very efficient.
- The auto-adjustment features offer good functionality overall.
What we didn’t like
- The replacement parts aren’t readily available.
2. Makita Electric Chainsaw Review
It’s one of the heavy offerings from Makita. The 16-inch bar height implies that you can take care of a lot of the heavy woodworking tasks.
Like the previous chainsaw, you are getting all the bells and whistles to get the job done properly. You have almost maintenance-free chain adjustments as well as the capability to monitor the oil levels.
Also, the design ergonomics ties all the features together to offer the best possible experience you can get.
All in all, we believe it’s a complete package that’s aimed towards becoming a reliable tool in your arsenal. If you’re a pro looking for a chainsaw that will be a nice addition to your tool set, then you should certainly check it out.
- It’s a 16-inch chainsaw with a modified bar for better functionality.
- The current limiter offers an extended life by allowing a controlled load.
- The design ergonomics on the handle offers good handling.
- The convenient position of the large trigger allows quick and smooth startups.
- The oil reservoir is fairly large with a window for monitoring the oil levels.
- The automatic oiler helps with long, continuous operation.
- The 2900-FPM max. chain speed is suitable for medium to medium-heavy workloads.
What We Liked
- The design is appropriate for medium-heavy workloads.
- The bar extends the overall cutting capabilities.
- We do appreciate the handle design and its rubber cushioning.
- There aren’t any requirements for excessive maintenance measures.
- The maneuverability is decent overall.
What we didn’t like
- The oilier isn’t completely leak-proof.
3. Makita XCU02Z V18 X2 Chainsaw
The Makita XCUO2Z is an electric chainsaw that’s geared towards home users. If you take a close look at all the features, you’ll see what we’re talking about.
For starters, both the FPM rating and the bar height are on the lower side. From this, it is easy to speculate on the workflow that’s suitable for it.
And we did find this to be true.
It’s a chainsaw that offers good usability when it comes to regular cutting and pruning jobs. Although it’s not the best chainsaw for small tasks out there, it takes all the necessary features from the big boys and offers them to the user.
So, if you need something to keep the trees at home nice and tidy, then there’s no reason for you to leave this option out of the shopping list.
- It’s a chainsaw with a 12-inch bar with a modified cutting capability.
- The 89-dB noise levels on this chainsaw make it a comfortable choice.
- You get the convenient tool-free chain adjustment feature as well.
- You can use two 18-volt batteries with this chainsaw.
- The 1600+ FPM cutting capacity is highly suitable for small, regular workloads.
- The internal parts don’t get damaged easily by debris and water.
- The motor build quality and internal power management systems allow a decent performance overall.
What We Liked
- The handling is fairly straight forward.
- We appreciate the zero-emission approach.
- You don’t need to worry about any extreme maintenance traits.
- It’s highly suitable for home use.
- The internals offers decent resistance to foreign particles, offering an extended lifetime in the process.
What we didn’t like
- The pricing is a bit high considering the comfort levels it offers.
Buying a Makita Chainsaw: How to Make a Choice
If you’re in the market for a Makita chainsaw, then the easiest choice is to go with one of the recommended options. The reason is very simple:
You have seen their features and know to a certain point whether or not they are worth it. So far, you may have formulated some ideas about their usability.
But, if you want to do some experimentation (try out something different), then you may want to keep the following things in check. Otherwise, you may make the wrong choice.
Battery Life and Charging Time
Battery-powered chainsaws are the latest trend in 2020. And Makita did identify it to produce some of the best cordless chainsaws.
Before you buy any Makita chainsaw, you may want to enquire about the battery life and charging time. Both are complementary to each other.
Lithium batteries usually are great when it comes to battery life. And if the charging time is 30 to 45-minutes, it should be a decent value.
The weight balance is an important metric for a chainsaw, whether it’s electric or not. You’d want to go with a chainsaw that’s got a good balance.
Simply put, you’d want something that makes sense. Getting an electric chainsaw with a weight of 30+ lbs. won’t do you any favors. Try and choose something that’s between 10 and 25-lbs.
In general, chainsaws come with some integrated safety features. And Makita is no different in this regard. All the features integrate to offer the best possible safety a brand could provide.
And that’s what you should be looking at if you want the best-rated chainsaw from Makita.
Price to Performance
The price to performance ratio needs to be on point.
You need to ask yourselves whether or not the features justify the price. That’s particularly true when you’re buying a complete chainsaw kit.
See if the accessories and other features integrate and work together in harmony. If you feel it’s the right combo, then go for it.
If you’ve made it this far into the Makita Chainsaw review, then we would like to offer our compliments.
Of course, it’s never easy to find what you’re looking for in this highly competitive market. And when it comes to Makita, the choices have more close relations. So, it becomes almost impossible.
But we can assure you of one thing- the chainsaw options we have here today will certainly be worth it. Still, if you have any other favorites in the Makita lineup, our buying guide can help you out here.
You just can’t go wrong!
That’s all for today. Peace out!