Reliability and control, these are the two things professionals want in their arsenal of tools.
In 2020, we are seeing a good buzz in the power tools market, especially in the chainsaw department. But the problem is, there are just too many options to choose from.
For this reason, we think it would be productive if you go through the Echo Chainsaw Reviews. For over 40 years, they’ve held their ground in the consumer market, selling trust and control as by-products.
Their craftsmanship is something many users would admire, which has the following traits-reliability and control.
Those are the traits you want right?
If the answers positive, then you should keep on reading!
Now that you’ve had a quick look at all of our offerings, it’s time for us to dive deeper into the product specs and see if they are truly worth the investment.
Do keep in mind- we’ve done a good bit of testing before we sharing the pluses and minuses of each product. And by the end of the reviews, we do have a handy set of considerations that will help you make the right decision.
Our Best Echo Chainsaw Reviews In This Year
1. ECHO 20″ Gas Chain Saw Review
Our first product in the Echo Chainsaw Reviews is the Echo Chainsaw with a 20-inch bar length. Although it’s not the best by any means, for the price it’s certainly up there with the big choices that go for big bucks.
In terms of the design, we have no major complaints. It features solid parts that complement the usability by a great deal. In short, it feels good in the hand while you’re in the middle of an operation.
As for the performance, the combined set of technical specs work really well in unison. The 2-stroke engine paired with the 20-inch bar is the right combination for medium-heavy workloads. Also, the decompression feature complements the overall functionality, which is responsible for increasing the total functionality.
Other than that, you have features like an automatic oiler and an ignition system. Both these features allow the user to have a good deal of comfort for the user. Also, you don’t need to worry about maintenance, as the design takes care of it as well.
In conclusion, once you combine all the elements together, you have a solid chainsaw that will last long. So, you may want to check it out for yourselves.
What We Liked
- If you compare it to other relevant products, then you will get a good price to performance ratio
- The design ergonomics are on point
- The automatic oilier offers good flexibility of use
- You get to check the fuel levels easily
What we didn’t like
- The safety guard isn’t as robust as you’d expect
- You’ve got a 20-inch bar that’s suitable for medium to semi-heavy workloads.
- The 59.8cc, 2-stroke engine offers good kick.
- The decompression valve allows for a better rope pulling performance.
- The G-Force Engine Pre-Cleaner offers quick and easy maintenance.
- It’s got an oil capacity of 10.2-fl. Oz. with a dry weight of 13.2-lbs.
- It features a Pro-Lite Bar with an automatic ignition system.
- You get a spur sprocket with the handle-bar made out of hard plastic material.
- It comes with an automatic oiling system along with a butterfly valve carburetor.
2. Echo 18″ Gas Chain Saw Review
You’ll be able to unlock a lot of possibilities with the Echo Chainsaw that’s got an 18-inch bar length. You already know about the reliability.
So, it’s time to break into the specs and see if they are really worth it.
First of all, let’s have a breakdown of the design. The handlebars have a good grip on them. Add the oil-level visibility to the mix and you have a decent chainsaw that doesn’t break the bank. Overall, the premium feel with added attention to detail should be more than enough for you.
So, how does the performance stack up?
Well, you’re pretty much getting the same level of performance as the 20-inch model. But the 18-inch bar paired with a 40.2cc engine isn’t really the option for heavy tasks. But it’s got unmatched potential if you’re looking to work long hours on a medium-scale project.
Other than that, you’ve all the standard offerings of the Echo brand. But the i30-ignition system is probably one of the features that’s noteworthy. Also, the air filtration system is a delight to work with, as you don’t have to deal with any excessive maintenance.
So, with all the features spread out in front of you, it’s very clear who should keep this product in their arsenal. We’ll let you make the final decision.
What We Liked
- The chainsaw has a good balance to it.
- It’s suitable for low to medium-range workloads.
- All the parts feel premium and don’t give away much in terms of quality.
- The starting process is very easy overall.
What we didn’t like
- The chain adjustment headroom isn’t there.
- It features an 18-inch bar with an engine displacement of 40.2.
- The 2-stroke engine’s performance is up to the mark.
- It comes with the G-Force Engine Air Pre-cleaner that eliminates extra maintenance needs.
- The i-30 ignition system is a highly efficient starting system.
- The air-filtration and automatic oiling system are both commercial-grade and offer proper flexibility of use.
- The butterfly-valve carburetor does a decent job of keeping the performance levels on point.
3. Echo 14″ Chainsaw Review
The Echo Chainsaw with a 14-inch bar is for those who want proper reliability to conduct light operations.
With that out of the way, we should now look at the features in detail.
As far as the design goes, as usual, there’s no major flaw that needs reporting. Although it’s not the best design by any means, you will find it to be very flexible and sturdy. So, we are happy with what Echo has done here.
In terms of performance, you get the same level of control as the bigger brothers. You have a decent capacity oil-chamber where the levels are easily visible for inspection. Also, the 2-stroke 30.5cc engine complements the settings by a good margin.
And you have the tool-free reliability as well. You’ll find that there are no additional maintenance needs, which should enable a better overall experience for you.
All we can say now is to have a good look at this chainsaw. Maybe it’s the perfect choice for you!
What We Liked
- The design is very user-friendly.
- A highly suitable option for light tasks.
- You have good access to proper maintenance.
- The vibrations are low enough to offer a seamless overall experience.
What we didn’t like
- The starting time is a bit on the higher side.
- You have a solid 14-inch chainsaw with a digital ignition system.
- You get a standard vibration reduction system along with an automatic oiler.
- The 30.5cc, 2-stroke engine offers good flexibility for light tasks.
- The side-access chain tensioner system allows for proper adjust ability.
- You have an 8.5-fl. Oz. oil capacity for a butterfly-valve carburetor.
- The tool-free filter cover along with the hard-plastic parts offers good overall usability.
How to buy an Echo Chainsaw : Some useful tips
Here are some useful tips for buying an Echo Chainsaw (in case you want to go with a different variant).
Robust Design Choices
Echo offers some robust design choices in its arsenal of products. So, you may want to look at things like bar lengths and materials of choice in order to be on the safe side.
In general, Echo products are well-made. Still, checking the specs to match your needs is essential.
Always look at the safety features of any chainsaw before you buy. And the same goes for Echo Chainsaws as well. Safety is an essential consideration that you just can’t ignore.
But we can pretty much guarantee that you will get proper safety with every Echo Chainsaw. Then again, it never hurts to check!
With the Echo chainsaw, there’s really no need for additional maintenance. But a second opinion from a close professional can help you make the right choice (you may end up saving a few extra bucks as well).
Depending on your workload, choosing a chainsaw with the right bar length and engine size is certainly a priority. So, you should certainly give a good look at the specs before you make any decision.
If you’ve made it this far in our Echo Chainsaw Reviews, then we’d like to commend you for your efforts.
Although the modern chainsaw market is very mature, it’s never easy to find the option that suits all your needs. But we believe what we have here today should make you happy.
We also have a handy dandy Echo Chainsaw buyer’s guide that will give answers to some of the most enquired queries. If you go through it, then you’re pretty much guaranteed a good purchase.
With that said, it’s time to take your leave. Good luck with your future endeavors.