Last Updated on by Mr.Das
Many of you are already aware of the pride of the Craftsman brand. Unfortunately, with so many options in the stack, you don’t know which chainsaw to buy.
And that’s perfectly understandable. We made this Craftsman chainsaw reviews with that specific reason in mind.
For a brand that started its journey back in the 1920s, think of the dedication that went in to take them where they are today. In 2020, they are one of the leading brands in the power tool sector. Their product lineup is as true as the American Flag.
And many users are very keen to spend their cash on brands like these, especially the professionals who are in dire need of proper power tools like a chainsaw.
With that in mind, we would like you to go through the quick comparison table. This will help you get a taste of the basics and give you an idea of what you’ll be dealing with in this review.
The table only highlights the simple features that you’ll come across. You’ll need to read the full review of each product to make the most of each feature.
We know, it’s not an easy task. We also know many of you will have your eyes on something different.
In that case, we would like you to go through the simple buying guide we’ve put together. It’s nothing too technical. All you have to do is keep the considerations in check.
You’ll be fine if you do so.
Craftsman Chainsaw Reviews
1. Craftsman CMXGSAMY426S
The Craftsman CMXGSAMY426S Chainsaw is our first choice in this Craftsman Chainsaw lineup. Once you get to know about all the features, you’ll see why it’s holding the top spot.
Like many other high-end chainsaws, the CMXGSAMY426S has a very robust build quality. The 20-inch bar with it’s bucking spikes allows for clean cuts, which is something you’d expect from a Craftsman chainsaw.
It’s a gas-powered chainsaw, meaning you can expect to do some heavy pruning or cutting.And you can do it regularly. The shock absorption plays a vital role in this regard, allowing a decent bit of maneuverability.
Overall, we believe this chainsaw can make your life easier. If you’re someone who needs to do heavy woodworking daily, you can rely on it without question.
- It’s a 20-inch Craftsman Chainsaw, the build quality is proper.
- It’s got a 46cc 2-cycle gas engine that’s tuned for proper optimization.
- You have an aluminum handle with properly wrapped cushioning
- The 3-point anti-vibration system reduces operational vibrations.
- The bucking spikes along with the inertia-activated chain-break offer good control and safety.
- The pull-start mechanism is simple and convenient.
- As always, the automatic oiler functionality is capable of keeping the bar and chain in tip-top shape.
- The spark-plug access is tool-less and hassle-free.
What we liked
- A well-suited option for heavy day-to-day use
- You’ll have good overall control to go through with the cutting or lambing.
- The build quality is more than acceptable
- The hassle-free design language deserves kudos
What we didn’t like
- The bar oil leak is noticeable
2.CRAFTSMAN V20 Chainsaw
If you’re someone who is in charge of keeping the branches of a garden in regular shape, then the CRAFTSMAN CMCCS620M1 can be your best friend. We won’t make any promises right now. We’d like you to go through the features first.
As you can see, the features are all stacked together to offer the best performance. Now it is a 12-inch chainsaw, meaning heavy tasks are out of the question.But, if you need a chainsaw that can take care of the light woodworking, then the CRAFTSMAN CMCCS620M1 is the way to go.
This battery-powered chainsaw is a solid choice to take care of the twigs and branches in the corners.Also, battery life is more than fair. And you should expect nothing less from it as it is a product from the V20 lineup.
Overall, we believe this chainsaw is for you if you’re tasked with light woodworking. Do check it out if you’re interested.
- It’s a cordless chainsaw with a 12-inch bar length.
- The chain pitch of the chainsaw is 3/8-inches (a segment of the track wall organization).
- The bubble level functionality allows you to be precise.
- There is the auto oiling feature that comes with the tool-free tensioning abilities.
- The 4-Ah battery pack offers a good battery life.
- It takes only an hour to charge up fully.
- The Lithium-ion v20 battery system is a top-of-the-line solution for small workloads.
What we liked
- It’s got a decent overall build quality
- A perfect option for light woodworking
- It’s one of the more portable options compared to other players.
- The battery life is more than decent.
What we didn’t like
- The pricing is a bit high.
3. CRAFTSMAN V60 Chainsaw
The CRAFTSMAN V60 CMCCS660E1 is our third offering which comes with a few distinct features of its own. And one of them is the higher output capacity. The 16-inch chainsaw can easily take care of it without any hiccup. So, once you combine the higher output and the bar length, you’ll find yourself to be in the ownership of a solid chainsaw.
You also have small things like a bubble level to stay true to the measurements. The automatic oiling capability is a standard, yet important feature as well. Overall, if you prefer something that’s going to offer good overall performance, then the CRAFTSMAN V60 CMCCS660E1 can be a nice addition to your tool arsenal.
- The 16-inch saw comes with cordless functionality.
- The brush less motor accepts 60-volt 2.5-Ah battery packs.
- The chain-brake system is capable of handling unwanted kickback.
- The bubble level functionality offers precision and control.
- There is a convenient auto-oiling feature to keep the performance intact.
- It will hold out during medium to medium-heavy workloads.
What we liked
- A solid option for medium pruning, cutting and limbing.
- The batteries take only around an hour to charge properly.
- The maneuverability is proper.
- The build quality is commendable.
What we didn’t like
- This is a chainsaw has a fair amount of heft to it.
How to Buy a Craftsman Chainsaw
The Craftsman chainsaw review is motivated to help you make the right choice.
So far, you’ve gone through the features and their advantages of our top three offerings. All of them had their ups and downs. But in terms of reliability and control, we’d say the difference is minimal.
But we did reveal our concern about you wanting to go with a different option from Craftsman.
If that’s the case, then you should keep an eye out for the following
Proper Build Quality
In general, Craftsman makes chainsaws that feature a robust build quality. But some options have cheap feeling parts. We would recommend avoiding these options, even if the warranty period is significantly better.
With better build quality, in most cases, you will get better build maneuvering capabilities while churning, limbing or cutting. A good weight balance across the chassis is a must in that case.
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to tell the difference if you don’t try the chainsaw first. Getting any chance to try out the option you want to go with will help your chances.
If the design of the chainsaw offers good vibration reduction, then kickbacks will be lower. And that’s what you’d want to go with. Low kickback implies better usability and functionality as a whole.
Precision and Control
With the Craftsman Chainsaw, you will be getting some sort of measuring apparatus, a bubble-level being the standard option.
Even if you want to go with something that won’t make a hole in your wallet, we would recommend not to lose functionality like this. If you want to save a couple of extra bucks, then explore your options to get the best possible deal.
You’d want to make a purchase based on the workload you’ll be dealing with. Your preference will rely on the workload, so choose wisely.
In general, chainsaws with a small bar size is highly suitable for small-scale workloads. You’d want to scale your choices accordingly.
Although buying a chainsaw is a tough and risky decision, going with a reliable brand will mitigate a lot of it. That’s what you should be doing.
It is one of the reasons for us to make this Craftsman chainsaw review. We wanted to highlight what a good brand can offer you.
Throughout the review, we believe the consistency of the choices we had in store for you was noticeable. And from where we stand, they will offer top-notch performance. All the options hold great promise for you.
And our buying guide is there to help you out as well.
So, you shouldn’t have any problems in your way. We can only hope we’ve done enough.