We were (and still are) amazed by the perseverance and commitment of the people back in the day. Otherwise, how could you work manually to produce logs for your customers to use?
But, unfortunately, those days are way behind us. We now have a marketplace for firewood and logs with untold possibilities. And the demand is slowly creeping up each year. And that is a reason for you to read this Champion Log Splitter reviews.
‘Champion’ (we hope many of you are familiar with the brand) showed its response by bringing out products like log splitters which can make meaningful cuts and sizes of logs in a surprisingly small amount of time.
This achieved two things. One, vendors can now meet the demands of their customers. Two, you can now get precise cuts of log in a very short time. And Champion is one of the leading brands that’s made all this happen.
If we talk about the overall quality of the log splitters from Champion, then you will find them to be efficient and fairly priced. Still, in order to give you the best possible chances of success, we wanted to take the time and bring a few solid products from their lineup to your attention.
Our Best Champion Log Splitter In This Year
1. Champion 7-Ton Gas Log Splitter
Let’s start with the simplest option the Champion Log Splitter Lineup, which is the 7-ton compact Horizontal Gas Log Splitter. If you’re someone who has portability in his list of priorities, then this compact yet tough log splitter should be the first option in your professional wish list.
As far as the design goes, we don’t have any particular complaints. You have all the parts in all the right places. The outer shell is pretty solid-with good attention to detail. Also, as far as portability goes, then you have a handy log cradle, which is often hard to find in a log splitter with similar features.
As for the performance, it’s more than standard and offers a good overall experience. You can easily work your way with 45 to 50-lbs logs that are 19-inch long. And the 180-cycle operational capacity should certainly get the job done if you are dealing with small to medium workloads.
For a small log splitter, it certainly has a couple of good features that you can leverage. So, if you want the convenience of portability with a more-than-average functionality, this is the option you should go for.
What We Liked
- The design is very robust overall
- The portability is complimented by a quick and easy workflow
- The pressure delivery is on point
- It features good cycle output and inner capacity overall
- The 10-inch never-flat tires are an added bonus
What We Didn’t Like
- Feal leak is an issue with the design
- It’s a 7-ton design that has a sleek and simple design
- Features a log cradle that makes loading easy
- You also get a 0.4-gallon fuel tank with a 0.4-quarter oil capacity
- It can easily dish out 150-180 cycles per hour.
- It’s got a 20-second cycle time along with an auto-return valve
- You can cut 50-lbs logs into the proper shape
- It features a hydraulic oil system with 1.5-gallon capacity
- There’s an 80cc single-cylinder, OHV engine that can go through 15-19 inch logs
- You get 3-GPM operability along with a 2-stage gear pump for optimal workflow
2. Champion 25-Ton Gas Log Splitter
We now have a 25-ton capacity Horizontal/Vertical Full Beam Log Splitter from Champion. If you consider the features and the performance as a whole, then you will find that this log splitter is really well-balanced.
So, let’s start with the design first.
The log-catcher is probably the very first thing that pops out. It’s a convenient little feature that increases the overall usability by a good bit. Combine that with robust body parts and a decent capacity oiling system, you have a solid overall system that’s both capable and efficient.
For someone who needs to market logs quickly on a daily basis, this 25-ton log splitter should be plenty. You get the capacity to deal with 20+ inch logs that are 100-pound each. This log splitter can handle all of this thanks to its quick roundup with 300 cycles an hour.
All in all, you are getting very good capacity and efficiency at the same time. And the mobility on it is solid as well. So, all that’s left is for you to buy it and test it out for yourself.
We can guarantee that you won’t regret it.
What We Liked
- Log-catcher is a clever addition
- Features a good build quality that’s complemented by decent output capacity
- It’s relatively easy to move around thanks to the DOT approved wheels
- You have a good overall capacity and design with every system
What We Didn’t Like
- The bolt-rack functionality needs to be stronger
- It’s a 25-ton capacity splitter with a 224cc engine
- You’re getting a 12-second cycle and an auto-return valve
- You can easily get 250-300 cycles in one hour
- The 225cc single-cylinder OHV engine comes with low-oil shutoff
- You also get a 0.9-gallon fuel tank along with a 0.6-quarter oil capacity
- You can easily cut 24-inch, 100-pound logs into shape
- The hydraulic oil system features a capacity of 5-gallon along with an 11-GPM output
- The 2-stage gear pump for pressure optimization is there as well.
3. Champion 27 Ton Log Splitter
The last log splitter we want to show is a 27-ton option. Although the core functionality that’s embedded within is similar to our previous choice, the power output and the usability aspect is a bit different.
So, there’s really not much to talk about here. You are getting all the usual features here. The OHV engine with a proper hydraulic system does add professionalism to your overall workflow.
The only noteworthy difference is with the power output. You can easily get 300+ cycles in an hour thanks to the 11-second cycle time. So, if you do the math, then you can easily handle 24-inch 100-pound logs without any hassle in a very short amount of time.
Overall, you can see that the overall efficiency is much better with this particular option. So, if you want more output in a short time span, then the 27-ton log splitter should be more than enough for you.
What We Liked
- The overall build quality is commendable.
- The efficiency as a whole is on point.
- The wheels along with ball-hitch couples offer good movability.
- The log-catchers offer good flexibility.
What We Didn’t Like
- The absence of a larger hydraulic cylinder is a bit disappointing
- It’s a 27-ton splitter with an 11-second cycle time
- You have auto-return valves and log catchers
- It can easily dish out 300+ cycles an hour, operating at 11-GPM
- The hydraulic system has a 4.5-gallon oil capacity
- You have the ability to split 24-inch, 100-pound logs efficiently
- The cast-iron 224cc OHV engine features a 0.9-gallon fuel tank
- It also comes with a 0.6-quarter oil capacity
- There’s a two-stage gear pump that enables proper pressure control
Champion Log Splitter-Things that Matter
If you want to get the most out of our champion log splitter reviews, then you need to pay attention to the key features of Champion log splitters:
Superior Build Quality with Added Bonuses
All Champion log splitters have robust parts with all the things at the right places. Even if you try to nitpick, you will not find too many flaws with the design. As an added bonus, you are getting stuff like log catchers and cradles, which increases the overall functionality.
Good Overall Output
Even with the most basic option, you are getting 150+ cycles in an hour, which decent. And if you move on to the options with larger capacity, then the performance metric increases as well.
Mobility is one of the noteworthy features with the Champion log splitters. The wheels and the couplers are very well-designed.
The overall efficiency with the Champion is certainly noticeable if you compare it with other brands. If you consider all of the features and compare their performance, then you will see that these log splitters stand out from the crowd.
We’ve shared a lot of information with you today. We know, it’s certainly a lot to take in. Still, if you go through the Champion Log Splitter Reviews carefully, then you will find a lot of useful information that may come in handy in the near future.
And that is our ultimate goal: to help you make a better decision. With that said, it’s time for us to say goodbye. We hope we get to meet you soon.