Chainsaws are the best friends of a professional in 2022. They are nothing but smart machines that make the job of pruning, cutting or taming trees and logs easier.
But with so many options in the market, it’s often very hard to make a choice.
And that’s why we thought it would be nice if we could have a closer look at Blue Max, who seems to have gained some traction in the tool market.
So, what can you expect from our Blue Max Chainsaw review?
Although the North American Tool Industry is the owners of the brand, its assembly line is located in China. But that really doesn’t make that much of a difference, as Blue Max products stack up nicely with high-end competitions in the market.
Before we break the products down, here is a quick look at three of the best options you can find right now.
Before we jump into the review, we would like to clear some things up.
Although we believe in the brand, we will be combing through each feature and put them to the test. In short, we will try our best to bring out the best and worst of each product.
So, let’s get started.
Best Blue Max Chainsaw Review In This Year
1. Blue Max 2-in-1 14″/20″ Chainsaw
If you’re thinking why did we put the Blue Max 8901 in the first position in our Blue Max Chainsaw review, then you should know one thing. It’s one of the best options you can get your hands on right now. There are a couple of reasons behind it.
First of all, the design feels very robust on the whole. Although there are some inconvenient placements, we are pretty happy with how it turned out. Also, the bar length is enough to carry out medium to medium-heavy tasks.
As for the performance, then the engine is pretty capable of producing enough horsepower to get the job done. Also, you do get more teeth on the chain than other chainsaws out there, which is certainly a plus.
Then you need to consider other things like the quick-start and anti-vibration feature, both of which are well worth your investment. These two features increase the overall versatility by a good amount, which can be very hard to find at times.
So, what can you take away from all of this?
If you’re someone who is on the clock and needs a nice balance of features, then the 8901 from Blue Max is for you. Of course, if you are used to other options then that’s a different story. But we would highly recommend that you try it out for yourselves.
- It features a 45-cc engine with the promise of 30-35% more performance
- The bar length is 20-inch
- The chain teeth a 30% higher count, which lessens the cutting time
- You have an anti-vibration handle along with a low kickback break
- The Quick Start ignition system makes startup easier
- It features a low-kickback braking mechanism
- It features an automatic oiling system.
What We Liked
- The low kickback offers better maneuverability
- The cutting time is surprisingly fast
- There’s no need for additional oiling as you have an automated system
- The quick ignition system makes starting the chainsaw very easy.
What we didn’t like
- It is a bit on the heavier side
- The On/Off switch placement is odd
2. Blue 18″ 45cc 2-Stroke Gas Powered Chain Saw
The Blue Max 6595 occupies the second spot in our review. Although you will find many of the features to be the same as its predecessors, you will find it to be worthy of your investment.
Starting with the design, we are happy with what Blue Max has done with 6595. It’s clean, it’s subtle and you have all the bells and whistles you can hope for in the device package. Overall, you are getting good safety features along with proper placements.
The performance is spotless if you compare it with some of the other brands. There’s no noticeable kickback. Also, the maneuverability you get with it is decent as well. In short, the performance is pretty much on par with some of the high-end options available in the market.
If we were to recommend it to our users, then we would do it with our eyes closed. If you’re someone who wants good ergonomics and performance at a decent enough price point, then certainly go for it.
- It comes with a bar length of 18-inches
- You are getting a 45cc 2-stroke gas engine that can dish out 2800 rpm
- It comes with an anti-vibration design that’s responsible for low kickbacks
- You have a 21-BP chain that’s easily lubricated with an automatic oilier
- It comes with safety features like a hand guard, a safety trigger and more.
What We Liked
- The design feels very robust
- The engine performance is on point
- You won’t need to perform any manual lubrication
- It’s highly maneuverable thanks to the rapid-action kick-back brake.
What we didn’t like
- The engine startup could get better
- There are some instances of overheating.
3. Blue Max Gas Chainsaw Review 52cc
Gas chainsaws are very solid for medium to lower medium workloads. And the Blue Max Gas Chainsaw is a good example of it.
The design is alright overall. There are no nitpicky things that we can point out here. It’s a simple design that doesn’t cut any major corners to keep the pricing down.
As for the performance, then we want to start off by saying that you are getting a decent capacity motor with it. And it can dish out good rpms. If you add these with features like a low-kickback system and automated oiling, then you will see that the deal is pretty intriguing.
And you can’t forget the anti-vibration functionality, which is one of the signature features of the Blue Max franchise. It allows very good overall usability. So, despite having a powerful motor, you are not losing out on functionality.
So, if you’re someone who wants power, but doesn’t want to spend a fortune, the Gas Chainsaw from Blue Max is certainly a good choice for you.
- It’s got a powerful 52-inch engine that can turn the motor at 10,500-rpm.
- You have a 0.50-liter fuel tank and a 0.24-liter oil tank.
- It features a 20-inch bar and chain.
- Theirs is an antivibration functionality along with a chain brake.
- The lubrication is automated for the chain.
What We Liked
- You get superior power output
- It’s highly suitable for medium-heavy workloads on a daily basis
- The low-range kick-back feature allows better maneuverability
- The design feels very robust on a whole
What we didn’t like
- Overheating is an issue
- The debris protection isn’t that robust.
Buying a Blue Max Chainsaw : what should you look for?
Our Blue Max Chainsaw review only features a handful of products. But what if you want to pick up another option while sticking to the same brand.
In that case, you should take a look at the following things before buying:
Motor Quality and Engine Size
Blue Max makes really good motors for its chainsaws. You would certainly want to check the engine size and the motor output. Make a choice depending on your workload.
Make sure you check the oil requirements before pulling the trigger on your favorite choice. Blue Max, in general, makes really good engines and they are efficient. Still, you should be careful about what you’re putting your money into.
Bar Size and Chain
The bar and chain sizing are pretty crucial whenever it comes to buying a chainsaw. And the automated lubrication feature should also be an addition to the consideration here.
Different bar lengths are suitable for different workloads. So, we would suggest you ask for a second opinion from a fellow professional or the sales rep. Also, you may want to do your own research before buying a certain chainsaw.
Blue Max, in general, has a lot of safety features built into their products. You are getting a decent grip and a safety trigger. Other features include a low-kickback mechanism, which is both a safety and performance feature.
You’d want to consider the safety features with great care. Performance and safety should both be your first priority whenever you’re buying a tool like a chainsaw.
Although the Blue Max Chainsaw review wasn’t the smallest of reviews, if you’ve covered the entire thing, we would like to congratulate you.
We believe the more information you have, the better will it be for your decision making. So, we would urge you to sip on a cup of coffee and go through the entire thing.
Finally, we would hope that you try out a Blue Max Chainsaw and share your experience. And if you want to try out one of the options we suggested, we will take that as a bonus.
Goodbye for now. We hope you end up with the product of your choice.