Safety, Security, Beauty, and functionality are the key features when it comes to low voltage landscape lighting. Low voltage landscape lighting can come in an array of different designs, features, price ranges, and even structures. Out of all those different varieties, LED lights have quickly taken over the landscape lighting market space because they are safe to use, energy-efficient, and do not need much maintenance.
Plus, they give the homey warm halogen-like radiance at a much cheaper electricity rate. In this article, we have gathered our top picks for the best low voltage landscape lighting available as of today. But before we start, here’s a quick overview of the products that we’ll be talking about today.
Okay, now that we have seen a birds-eye view of all the products, let’s jump into the good part of it, and discuss the finer details. Just keep on reading.
5 Best Low Voltage Landscape Lighting Today
1. ZUCKEO 6W RGB Low Voltage LED Landscape Lights
quickly, even before you acknowledge it. Especially when you have to buy multiple sets for multiple occasions, it can make a sizable dent in your budget.
So, stay in the clear and get a set of landscape lights that solve all these issues in one go. The ZUCKEO 6W RGB landscape LED lights can do it all. They have 16 colors and 4 flashing modes, including a generic white.
From illuminating your backyard or driveway throughout the year you can even use these lights for decoration around Halloween or Christmas with its multitudes of colors on display. No need to spend twice when you can get the most from just one purchase.
The Zuckeo 6W LED lights come in a pack of 8 and have a remote to control the brightness, colors, and flashing modes. Each individual bulb can be set to projects a different colored light.
And, it becomes even more convenient because the lights will retain those settings even after being turned off until you change them yourself. This way you don’t have to worry about changing the lights to your desired color every evening.
The body is made from thick aluminum and the lens is durable glass for maximum light projection. The lights are also waterproof and come can withstand storms and snowfall.
These LED lights would be a worthwhile investment for anyone because of their extended energy savings as well as usability year-round. When it comes to outdoor landscape lighting, the prices can skyrocket pretty
What We Liked
- Easy to install
- Comes with spike stand for installation
- Is operable on both AC and DC power
- The lights are weatherproof
- The brightness is adjustable
- Does a great job at projecting plain white light as well as colored lights
What We Didn’t Like
- Needs extra accessories for installation; not included with the lights
- Doesn’t have a hood to keep the light in one direction
- The Lights come in 16 colors and 4 different flashing modes to suit every type of setting
- The lights remote controlled
- Uses a 90° beam angle
- The body is made from thick durable aluminum and the lights have a glass cover
- The surface is made out of stainless steel
- Has up to 30,000 hours
- Each lamp can be set to a different color
2. Hypergiant 12W LED Landscape Lights
The 12W Hypergiant LED landscape lights are a set of affordable landscape lights that can illuminate just about any outdoor setup.
With a warm brightness of 850 lumens and a lifetime of over 20,000 hours, these lights are a solution for wide-area lighting, floodlighting, and security lights. And despite being so bright and efficient, these are a great way of saving energy and reducing your electricity costs.
These lights are surprisingly easy to install and maintain. Because the LED is fixed and mounted, there’s no need for screwing on the bulbs or having to figure out the fixtures in any way. You just put the spiked light stand into the ground at your desired location and that’s it, you’re all set! No need for extra tools or screws. It even comes with its very detailed user manual.
The casting aluminum and anti-corrosion glass lens ensure smooth, halogen-like light output and it is highly functional with its 270 degrees rotatable head in any direction, giving you the ease of access.
The body of the lamps is also triple waterproofed and comes with rubber sealing around exit wires. Even though it is advised that you don’t put these lights in the water, these are functional enough to withstand moderate rain and snow. So you can get a good bang out of your buck by getting this six-piece set.
We would recommend this particular set for anyone looking for a one-stop solution for their landscape lighting without much hassle and within a budget. This one fits all the criteria and saves your cash in the process.
What We Liked
- Lights up to 850 lumen’s per bulb needed for backyards, patios, and driveways
- Works with any low voltage outdoor lighting system
- Very easily install-able
- Safe for using outdoors
What We Didn’t Like
- Shouldn’t be kept out in the water for extended periods of time
- The bulbs are fixed mounted LED and cannot be replaced
- Has an estimated lifetime of 20000+ hours
- Material: durable black cast-aluminum
- Produces warm white light with the temperature of 3000-3500 kelvin
- The lights have glass lens for clarity and better lifespan
- Comes with spiked stands and detailed user manual for hassle-free installation
- Has a 270-degree rotatable head that projects light at a 90° beam angle
- Works with both AC/DC systems
3. MEIKEE LED Landscape Lights
The 8 pieces Meikee LED light set is one of the best low voltage landscape lighting solutions available out there. It has all the features from being durable, sleek, stylish, waterproof to easily install-able. Structure wise, it is made from high-quality die-cast aluminum for the body, the shade, and the spiked stand and the bulb cover. It makes the product long-lasting and also prevents rusting over the years of use.
The lens is made from thick flat glass for maximum clarity and brightness of the light output. Performance-wise, the MEIKEE 7W LED landscape lights can operate on 12V or 24V on either AC/DC units. You’d need a low voltage transformer and wire to make it work but in the end, it will save your energy costs by a considerable margin.
The lights are also weatherproof. Meaning, you would be able to use them year-round. That is a good feature to take into consideration when purchasing outdoor lights because these lights would have to withstand rain and snow at certain times of the year. And, this light set is perfect for that. With its triple waterproofing and rubber seals around the exit wire, they can easily keep working under heavy rain or snow without causing any damage.
It is an all-around fit for someone looking for a basic lighting solution for their backyard or driveway that is easy to install, maintain, and energy-efficient.
What We Liked
- There’s no need for additional screws to install the lights.
- Good for outdoor lighting with its waterproof features
- Is bright enough to be used for both functional and decorative purposes
What We Didn’t Like
- The brightness of the lights is not changeable
- The bulbs cannot be replaced
- Extra wiring and low voltage transformer needed for installation
- Made from high quality waterproof durable aluminum
- Comes in a pack of 8 individual lamps
- Has a working voltage of 12V-24V in both AC/DC circuits
- The Lamp cap, spike stand, and bulb cover are made from anti-corrosion, durable poly carbonate material for extended lifespan against rough weather
- 45° beam angle with a 270-degree extremely adjustable head perfect for walls and fences.
4. Sunriver LED Landscape Lights Review
The Sunriver 6W landscape lights easily have the most longevity among all the other options on our list. These landscape lights project a halogen-like warm white radiance across your landscape at 500 lumen’s. The illuminating distance is roughly 8 meters. So each individual lamp can cover a wide-enough area and with the 6 lights from the pack, lighting your whole backyard or patio would be a breeze.
The lights have a 270-degree rotatable head so it is easy for you to maintain in which direction you want the light to fall. The installation is also easy with the spiked stands, you just have to stake it in the ground. Apart from being very long-lasting function-wise, the Sunriver landscape lights are also very durable structure-wise. The lights are made out of solid aluminum that is anti-corrosion and waterproof.
The lights can withstand rain or snow and still maintain their performance throughout. A common concern we get to hear is whether an LED landscape light will cause a fire. And even though that is highly unlikely, this set of lights makes that possibility even slimmer.
The lights have high temperature tempered soda-lime glass for maximum temperature resistance. So it will always be the safest option. And, did we mention that this set is budget-friendly? Because it is one of the most budget-friendly options we have for you today.
So, to wrap it up, it is long-lasting, fire-safe, waterproof, and budget-friendly. That sounds like an amazing deal to me.
What We Liked
- The spiked stands ensure hassle-free installation
- Has the perfect brightness for landscape lighting
- 12V-24V AC/DC circuit for energy saving
- Can be used to efficiently light up tall trees or bushes
What We Didn’t Like
- Doesn’t have any shade extension for lowering the brightness
- Might need separate extra wiring and transformer
- Has a comfortable brightness up to 500 Lumens
- Projects a warm white light with the temperature of 2800-3500 Kelvins
- Has a lifetime of almost 30,000 hours
- 60° beam angle with 270 degrees rotatable head
- The body is made from solid aluminum components for optimum build and the lens is made out of thick flat glass for best light output
- The illuminating distance is within 8 meters
5. Greenclick Landscape Lighting Review
Amongst all the run of the mill landscape lighting solutions, this one grabs your attention instantly. Because not only is it easy to install and use, it also doesn’t require much craftsmanship. This set comes with its own UL-listed adapter that means it does not need any transformers.
You won’t have to deal with any kind of wiring issue. The four lights all attach to the adapter and connect to the power source at the same spot efficiently illuminating your landscape. The four individual lights all project a warm white luminance at a comfortable brightness of 300 lumens which is perfect for your generic landscape lighting.
The adapter connects the lights at one spot and the lights branch out from there with a 2-meter long adapter capable so distance is not an issue. It is designed to work perfectly for you to place it in your desired location. The set is also weatherproof and meant to be used through rain and snow making it usable throughout the year.
If you are someone who doesn’t want to deal with the hassle of wiring and connectors, this would be the perfect solution for you. Just keep the adapter out of the water and you’ll never have to think about your lighting issues again.
What We Liked
- Has a comfortable brightness for outdoor lighting
- Easy hassle-free installation
- Has an extension cable long enough to place the lights at your desired distance
- Can be used all year round
What We Didn’t Like
- The adapter needs to be kept out of water or rain at all times
- The lights have to be turned on and off manually.
- Projects at a brightness of 300 lumen’s
- Has a 270 degree rotatable head for ease of access
- Comes with a 2-meter long adapter cable
- The lights are waterproof and meant to withstand rain and snow
- All four lights from the set connect to the power source through the same spot
- Comes with its own UL-listed adapter and does not need any separate transformer
6. Landscape Lights 5W Garden Light
LED lights have quickly gained preferences because they are so energy efficient but this set of lights here goes the extra mile. This 5W light set saves energy costs well up to 80%The lights are made up of premium grade components giving them the durability that they need to be functional year-round. The material is waterproof and comes with a rubber gasket for water safety.
The product can also be used for garages, warehouses, billboard lighting, display window, or even for decorative indoor lighting. These 6 lights have three separate holes in the back so you can easily mount them on your walls, making an efficient floodlight that is going to be an extended bit of security to your home.
Because of their easy installation and the holes for mounting them, you can hang them up in trees or bushes, turning them into decorative lights for the holiday season or for get-together’s in the backyard.
The installation process is made easier by the 25 screws, insulation tape, and wire connectors. With everything included in the pack, you’d only need to buy a separate low voltage wire and setting up your lights should be a breeze. This light set ensures maximum user-friendliness in terms of technicalities and usability of the products. We can assure you, you won’t regret this purchase.
What We Liked
- Saves electricity charges up to 80%
- Can be used as security lights as well as decorative lights
- Is a great replacement for halogen garden lights
- Can be used year-round
What We Didn’t Like
- The lights are not dimmable
- Needs weatherproof electrical box and landscaping wire for installation
- Comes in a pack of 8
- Have three holes in the back to be installed directly on the wall or fence
- Made from thick die-casting aluminum and the lens are made from durable anti-corrosion glass for maximum light output
- Projects brightness at 500 lumen’s
- Is equipped with triple waterproofing, watertight seals, rubber gasket, and rubber tight seals around exit wires to withstand heavy storms or snowfall
Outdoor lighting is your home’s first security barrier in a sense. So, it is absolutely crucial that you pay close attention to the lighting setup and function.
Nothing beats a low voltage LED landscape light when it comes to outdoor lighting because of its safety and energy efficiency.
But, other than that, how will you choose the best low voltage landscape lighting? Just follow this concise buyer’s guide for a quick resolution.
Think about how big of an area are you trying to illuminate? Does it have elevated surfaces like stairs or steps? Is it a garden space? If it’s a garden, you need LED lights with comparatively lower luminous reflux. But if you’re trying to install floodlights and light sensors on your driveway, you’d more than likely need a set of lights with luminous reflux of 800 lumens or more.
A good thing to look out for is how the lights connect to the power source. In most cases, you’d need a low voltage transformer and low voltage wiring to get your system up and running. But there are also other options out there, like, adapters. If you’re not good with wiring and have no one to help you with it, you might want to look into those.
let’s be honest, a big part of landscape lighting is the beauty of it. Some people like a halogen-like warm glow. Some people like a stark neon white for more clarity and brightness around the property. Take your pick depending on what you prefer.
And if you plan on using the same set of lights for your festivities around the year, you should go for colored lights.
Landscape lights have to deal with the adversities of the outside atmosphere. And no one wants to drive into a dark driveway when there’s a raging a thunderstorm outside. Look into waterproof lights so that you can use them through rain or snow.
Pick your own best low voltage landscape lighting considering all the factors mentioned above and your own personal needs.
frequently asked questions
Q: How bright should a landscape light be?
Ans: As a rule of thumb, you should go for 300 Lumen’s and up. But, if you have driveways or pathways that you’re trying to illuminate then you’d need a brighter light.
Q: Do LED Low voltage landscape lights need a transformer?
Ans: Yes. You’d need a transformer to power down your regular home’s 110-120V to your LEDs 12V.
Q: Can low voltage LED lights cause a fire?
Ans: Technically, yes. But, it is highly unlikely since LED lights use very low voltage.
If you’ve stuck to the end of this post we are very grateful for your patience.
We must admit that a well-lit house is way less inviting to danger and accidents. And low voltage landscape lights are the easiest, most efficient way to keep your house nice and bright without cutting a hole through your monthly budget.
Instead of halogen lights, invest in a good set of LED lights that you can use as floodlights, tree lights, garden illuminations, or even has seasonal decor depending on your mood. Even better, if you can get a set that is properly weatherproofed so you can get the best use out of it all year-round.
Take the smart way and save money on your cut-throat electricity bills.
We hope that this article has been helpful and you’ve found your best low voltage landscape lights that fit your home and your needs.